Friday, June 25, 2010

Gym Guy - Episode 1

Been hitting the gym for three times a week after procrastinating for a year. As I always like to observe people anywhere I go, in between exercises and while resting, I would look around at the surroundings and the gym members. Found a old member from Clark Hatch and we exchanged pleasantries.

There was a particular guy whose eyes met mine when I was scanning around. I nodded in acknowledgement and smiled as a matter of manners. He is a good looking guy. After that, I did not see him around as I guess he had finished his routine and had gone to the changing room to clean up and leave.

After having done my exercises, I went to change and go home for dinner. To my surprise, he was still in the changing room and his locker was in the same row as mine, just two lockers away. I had some trouble with my lock and had to struggle with my lock for close to five minutes. Finally, I enlisted his help and with his help, we manage to open the lock. I thanked him and proceeded to change. As he was leaving, I thanked him again.

After about 2 minutes, I also left. While I walked out of the doors of the gym, I noticed that he was standing near the escalator twiddling with his mobile phone. As I was walking past, I struck up a conversation and asked if he comes often.

Guy: Yeah, I come here often. Are you on a trial here?
Me: No, I am a member but I have not been coming often and just restarted.
Guy: No wonder, I have not seen you around here before. Do you work around here?
Me: No, my office is not around here. I came here as I had to do some shopping. You work around here?
Guy: Yes, my office is quite near. What do you work as? Do you have a name card?

With that, we exchanged name cards and bid each other good byes.

The next week I was there and he saw me. I waved hi and he came over to talk to me. One of his questions was very interesting! He asked "Are you married?" My immediate response was "Do I look married to you?" He answered he did not know and laughed.

In my mind, I was wondering what was his purpose in asking that question. So, I deliberately told him that I will not answer that as yet and told him that I will answer later and jokingly said that I need to consult my feng-shui master to pick an auspicious time and date to answer him. He laughed about it and asked me to message him when the time and date is right and left to continue with his exercises.

Have I told him yet? Not yet!! (to be continued...)

2 comments:

  1. The making of brazen naughtiness...looking forward to 2nd episode and more....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sky: making of brazen naughtiness?? innocent flirting as far as I am concerned. anyway, will post a incident at a swimming pool soon, that's brazen naughtiness!!!

    ReplyDelete